All of them are awesome bloggers!
I saw the word “reading” and was immediately intrigued!
Have you ever damaged a book?
- The only instance I can think of was when I wrote my initials on the front dust jackets of a few of my American Girl historical novels. *facepalm*
Have you ever damaged a borrowed book?
- Never! I can’t even highlight textbooks. I’ve never even written in the margins! Just thinking of it makes me cringe!
How long does it take you to read a book?
- Excellent question. With my life, it varies. If you’ve read my Book Review posts, know that I try to post those within 24 hours of finishing that book. It depends. When I get in a groove, I can fly through a book. I do have to agree with the ladies before me: If I watched less TV / Netflix and spent less time on Facebook, I’d probably get through more pages in a shorter time span.
Books that you haven’t finished?
- Fifty Shades of Grey.
- The Twilight series – I started all four, but never brought myself to finish them.
- Other than those, I really try to finish what I start!
Hyped / Popular books that you don’t like?
- Fifty Shades of Grey.
- The Twilight series.
- Allegiant from the Divergent series.
Is there a book that you wouldn’t tell anyone you were reading?
- Nope. I love telling people what I’m reading! To me, word-of-mouth is one of the best ways to promote a book, an author, and reading, in general.
How many books do you own?
- Picturing my bookshelves at my parents’ house, I’d say probably 150 or so. I used to have many, many more, but I gave away eight full boxes of books to the local library in 2013 when I was preparing to move to my first apartment, and the huge heavy bookcase wasn’t going with me.
Are you a fast reader or a slow reader?
- Depending on the book, I’m usually pretty fast. Interruptions do get in the way, especially with moving and such, so I’ve slowed down quite a bit. There were times I would plow through 5-6 books in a week or two. That’s certainly not the case now.
Do you like to buddy read?
- I’ve never tried it. I know what it is though – When you and a friend read the same book at the same time. I think it would be an interesting experiment.
Do you read better in your head or out loud?
- This is an interesting question. I occasionally catch myself reading certain lines aloud, but in a whisper to myself, and it kinds freaks me out. I’m a visual reader, so I can picture the scenes in my head. I can tell what I’m reading is good when I pause and can see the scene I just read in front of me, like I’m watching a movie.
If you were only allowed to own one book, what would it be and why?
- This would be a terrible tragedy if it were to occur! However, if it were to happen, my pick would be The Great Gatsby. It’s my favorite book, one that I re-read every year. I love everything about it.
- Everyone! Reading is so much fun 🙂
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂