As I mentioned in my September Goals post earlier today, I’m determined to complete my first full 30-day blogging challenge!
I found this challenge on a WordPress blog. I think it was referenced in another post by another blogger recently, but I can’t remember who, where, or when!
Here’s the link to the original post:
Here’s the list!
- List 10 things that make you happy
- Write something that someone told you about yourself that you never forgot
- What are your top 3 pet peeves
- Write about someone who inspires you
- List 5 places you want to visit
- 5 wins to your heart
- List 10 songs you’re loving right now
- Something you struggle with
- Post some words of wisdom that speak to you
- Write about something for which you feel strongly
- Something you always think “what if…” about
- Write about 5 blessings in your life
- What are you excited about
- Post your favorite movies that you never get tired of watching
- Bullet-point your whole day
- Something that you miss
- Post about your zodiac sign, and whether or not it fits you
- Post 30 facts about yourself
- Discuss your first love
- Post about three celebrity crushes
- What are 3 lessons you want your children to learn from you
- Put your music on shuffle and post the first 10 songs
- A letter to someone, anyone
- What about a lesson you’ve learned the hard way
- Think of any word. Search it on Google images. Write something inspired by the 11th image
- Write about an area in your life you’d like to improve
- Conversely, write about something that’s kicking ass right now
- Post 5 things that make you laugh-out-loud
- What are your goals for the next 30 days
- Your highs and lows for the month
And, here’s my Day 1!
- List 10 things that make you happy
This kind of ties into my recent “Happiness Tag” post, but I tried to write about 10 original things for this post.
10 Things That Make Me Happy
- Nature. I love landscapes, the outside world, sunsets, plants, gardens, flowers – I could go on and on and on. I studied the environment as part of my two-year Visual Arts class in high school, and it gave me a much greater appreciation for this planet that we call Earth. I love nature photography, too. Exploring parks gives me immense joy. I love traveling to my in-laws’ farm, because there’s nature EVERYWHERE!
- Driving in my car in the spring and fall with the windows down, blasting my favorite music. It’s so wonderful to put my hair up, turn up the radio, and feel the fresh air on my skin as I’m driving somewhere! Bring on the cooler weather, stat!
- Meghan Trainor. I recently found a mix of her songs on YouTube, and I haven’t stopped listening to it! She’s fantastic. I love the videos, her style, her voice, and the different messages that she incorporates. Al and I saw The Peanuts Movie earlier this year, and I instantly recognized her voice in “Better When I’m Dancin'”. I was bouncing along in my seat!
- The colors green and gold. These two colors symbolize two of the best things in my life – The Green Bay Packers, and Alpha Sigma Tau! I’m so excited that football season is starting again!!
- Long phone dates with my friends Lyndsey and Amanda. Amanda was my roommate during our junior year at Longwood, and Lyndsey is a wonderful mutual friend of ours. They are both amazing women, doing amazing things! The only problem is I live many hours and hundreds of miles away from them! We try to do regular phone dates, and just last week we committed to doing them once a month. They’re two of my closest friends, and talking to them on the phone is so personable and wonderful!
- Pastel paintings. This ties in with #1, with my high school Visual Arts class. I chose pastels as my main medium for my final assessment for IB. I kept most of the paintings I did, and I want to get them out from under my old bed, frame them, and display them in our house! I also want to invest in a set of good pastels and start painting again.
- The 8:30 service at my church. Right now, I serve on the church’s Media team, where once a month, I run the computers and projectors. I love the contemporary music that the band plays. I always get a rush from the energy, and I always leave the building feeling uplifted and inspired!
- Podcasts. When I got my personal iPhone back in December, I quickly discovered the Podcasts app, and I love it for my commute back and forth to work. I have a lot from NPR – Serial, StoryCorps, This American Life, Fresh Air, Ask Me Another, Wait Wait … Don’t Tell Me!, Invisibilia, Embedded – but I have also discovered some other awesome ones: Casefile True Crime, Lore, Myths and Legends, The Nerdist, The Way I Heard It with Mike Rowe, Remarkable Lives, Tragic Deaths; and Unsolved Murders: True Crime Stories.
- Having the ability to express myself freely, whether through speaking, writing, or any other form of communication.
- Having a home that is becoming my sanctuary. I love having a place of our own, where Al and I have grown and will continue to grow as a couple and as husband and wife. I’m grateful that I’m able to drive to it every day from work. I feel safe and peaceful. I can’t wait to see what happens next!
That wraps up Day 1!
Come back tomorrow for Day 2!
Are you doing a blogging challenge for the month of September? I’d love to hear about it!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂