Here’s the list!
- List 10 things that make you happy
- Write something that someone told you about yourself that you never forgot
- What are your top 3 pet peeves
- Write about someone who inspires you
- List 5 places you want to visit
- 5 wins to your heart
- List 10 songs you’re loving right now
- Something you struggle with
- Post some words of wisdom that speak to you
- Write about something for which you feel strongly
- Something you always think “what if…” about
- Write about 5 blessings in your life
- What are you excited about
- Post your favorite movies that you never get tired of watching
- Bullet-point your whole day
- Something that you miss
- Post about your zodiac sign, and whether or not it fits you
- Post 30 facts about yourself
- Discuss your first love
- Post about three celebrity crushes
- What are 3 lessons you want your children to learn from you
- Put your music on shuffle and post the first 10 songs
- A letter to someone, anyone
- What about a lesson you’ve learned the hard way
- Think of any word. Search it on Google images. Write something inspired by the 11th image
- Write about an area in your life you’d like to improve
- Conversely, write about something that’s kicking ass right now
- Post 5 things that make you laugh-out-loud
- What are your goals for the next 30 days
- Your highs and lows for the month
Discuss your first love
I fell hard for Daniel. One of the biggest things I liked about him was how protective he was. I remember agonizing over whether or not we should date on the youth group camping trip to some of the adults, since he was a junior and I was a sophomore.
He always put his arm around me – He always made me feel safe. He protected me from those who teased me. We went to different high schools, but we enjoyed every weekend at church and usually his house.
We were watching Runaway Jury at his parents’ house during President’s Day Weekend, 2005. I remember the conversation going something like this:
Daniel: Can I ask you a question? It feels .. a little silly.
Me: You can ask me anything. Whatever it is, it probably won’t be silly. Try me.
Daniel: Can I … kiss you?
Me: (stunned look on my face with a dramatic pause) Um … Yes. Of course.
My first kiss was amazing, and wonderful.
I had the stupidest grin on my face for the rest of the night. One of his parents drove me to the church, just down the street from their house, where my parents were wrapping up handbell practice. My mom saw my face and knew without me saying a word.
We didn’t date more than a few months, but I remember his red Mazda Miata with the shark teeth cutout covering the grill, his leather jacket, his Birkenstocks all year-round, watching Horatio Hornblower, and his massive keychain collection.
He went off to college in Florida in 2006, and stayed down South. He got married in 2011 – He met Kristen in college, and she’s wonderful for him. Our parents are closer than we are, and that’s awesome.
Thinking back, all of this makes me smile. We had a good time together, we ended on a friendly note, and we have amazingly happy lives.
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂