Here’s the list!
- List 10 things that make you happy
- Write something that someone told you about yourself that you never forgot
- What are your top 3 pet peeves
- Write about someone who inspires you
- List 5 places you want to visit
- 5 wins to your heart
- List 10 songs you’re loving right now
- Something you struggle with
- Post some words of wisdom that speak to you
- Write about something for which you feel strongly
- Something you always think “what if…” about
- Write about 5 blessings in your life
- What are you excited about
- Post your favorite movies that you never get tired of watching
- Bullet-point your whole day
- Something that you miss
- Post about your zodiac sign, and whether or not it fits you
- Post 30 facts about yourself
- Discuss your first love
- Post about three celebrity crushes
- What are 3 lessons you want your children to learn from you
- Put your music on shuffle and post the first 10 songs
- A letter to someone, anyone
- What about a lesson you’ve learned the hard way
- Think of any word. Search it on Google images. Write something inspired by the 11th image.
- Write about an area in your life you’d like to improve
- Conversely, write about something that’s kicking ass right now
- Post 5 things that make you laugh-out-loud
- What are your goals for the next 30 days
- Your highs and lows for the month
Write about an area in your life you’d like to improve
I’d love to not procrastinate as much. I don’t necessarily put things off until the last minute, but I’m known to drag my feet and find excuses to avoid certain things (Homework, cleaning, mundane tasks).
However, I try to remedy this with motivating myself. I use a reward system. For example: If I work on my homework for an hour straight, without any distractions, then I can play a game on my phone or iPad for 15 minutes.
I also do this with my job. Some of the work I do is incredibly dry, boring, and annoying. But, I try to use the same reward system: If I finish a task early, or make a certain number of phone calls, or work on a project for a certain length of time, I reward myself with getting up from my desk to walk around, stretch my legs, and play a game for five minutes. It’s a good refresher moment.
It really works!
Tonight, I was struggling to get motivated to do my homework. But, with Al holding me accountable, I completed Chapter 4 AND Chapter 5 in less than an hour! I rewarded myself with finishing this blog post and spending a few minutes on Facebook, plus finishing the task in time to watch the new episode of The Big Bang Theory!
Granted, my reward system doesn’t always work. But, I try to put a positive spin on the boring and mundane areas and try to banish procrastination as much as possible.
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂