December was a complete blur. Happy New Year’s Eve, everyone!
Here’s the link to my December Goals post:
Here we go!
- Decorate for Christmas. – Accomplished!
- Fully clean up / clean out the attached garage. – Semi-achieved.
- Enjoy several holiday parties! – Accomplished!
- Donate blood. – Accomplished!
- Create our budget for 2017. – Semi-achieved.
- Help either a child or a family have a good Christmas. – Accomplished!
- See Rogue One: A Star Wars Story! – Accomplished!
- Make peppermint bark. – Accomplished!
Here’s the breakdown:
Decorate for Christmas – Accomplished!
- We bought our first Christmas tree! We enjoyed decorating it together. It’s been such a pretty addition to our living room.
Fully clean up / clean out the attached garage. – Semi-achieved.
- This is something that’s still a work in progress. We were able to clean out several boxes and find places for some more kitchen items, DVDs, etc. However, we still have a ways to go before it’s completely clean.
Enjoy several holiday parties! – Accomplished!
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at Amanda and Dan’s party on Saturday, December 3rd. I got so wrapped up in playing Exploding Kittens and Cards Against Humanity, that we didn’t leave until 11:45 p.m.!
- Al’s company holiday party was Friday, December 9th. It was a good time, with a Hollywood theme. Al even won a brand-new FitBit Alta!
- Later tonight, we’ll gather to celebrate New Year’s and Al’s co-worker Kathryn’s birthday! We’ve really enjoyed getting together with her, her husband Tim, and other friends to ring in the New Year! I don’t know about you, but I’m beyond ready for 2017 to begin!
Donate blood. – Accomplished!
- I crushed the hemoglobin test with a reading of 13.1 – Women need at least 12.5 to qualify to give. I was so excited! Plus, my favorite phlebotomist, Spencer, was there. He always makes my giving experience pleasant!
Create our budget for 2017. – Semi-achieved.
- We started the spreadsheet. I’ve been playing catch-up with our 2016 sheet, cataloging receipts for days.
- Note to self for 2017: Get envelopes and file receipts immediately, and then catalog at month’s end!
Help either a child or a family have a good Christmas. – Accomplished!
- Just days after making my December Goals post, a friend from college put out a call to for help. She wanted to help a former student of hers and her family have a good Christmas.
- I went shopping for the two girls, ages 12 and 15. I thoroughly enjoyed buying some horses with hair they could style and brush, along with a pair of jeans and two sweaters apiece.
- I wrapped everything up and met Amy for lunch in Hampton on Monday, December 19th. She was so appreciative! My heart was full.
- On Monday, December 26th, Amy sent a Facebook message that had a photo of the girls and their mom, all smiles. It was a fantastic Christmas for them, and they were overflowing with gratitude and appreciation. It felt awesome to contribute.
See Rogue One: A Star Wars Story! – Accomplished!
- Al and I first saw it in 😄 at our local Cinemark theater on Thursday, December 15th. It was very good. The theater was buzzing with excitement and the atmosphere was awesome.
- Then, our friend Drew came down to stay with us that Friday. We saw it at Paragon Theaters in Newport News on Saturday, December 17th. It was good to see it again – There were things that I had definitely missed the first time around.
- I will admit, although it was very good, The Force Awakens still has my heart.
- Cannot wait for Episode VIII!
Make peppermint bark – Accomplished!
- Here’s the recipe I used: Almost-Famous Peppermint Bark
- The hardest part was standing up for nearly an hour to melt both kinds of chocolate. However, judging by the look and smell from last night, it’s gonna be delicious.
- I was able to put Accomplished next to 6 out of 8 goals. Hooray!!
- The two goals that were Semi-Achieved: The weekends this month were exceptionally busy this month, and I wasn’t as diligent on weeknights as I would have liked to be.
Did you have any goals for December?
Come back tomorrow to see my goals for January!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂