It’s already March 1st! Is it just me, or does the year seem to be flying by?
Here are my goals for March:
- Complete my Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Exam Prep class.
- Take, and pass, my CPC exam (a.k.a., boards).
- Be a volunteer for the 2017 District Orchestra Assessment at my alma mater.
- Write at least 1,000 new words for my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor.
- See Kong: Skull Island.
- Positively geek out over Beauty and the Beast.
- See Power Rangers.
- Finally implement my receipt organization system.
- Visit TCC to review my transcripts, make sure everything is straight, and apply for graduation!
- Celebrate birthdays!
- Move at least my American Girl dolls from Mom and Dad’s to our house.
- Make progress with emptying / organizing the garage.
Here’s the breakdown:
Complete my Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Exam Prep class.
- This opportunity presented itself in the beginning of February. One of our friends, Shana, took this class last fall, and passed her exam (boards) on the first try!
- I was lucky to get a slot – I paid about a third of the cost of a typical CPC exam prep course, and my work department graciously bought my books.
- So far, so good: I’ve been in class since February 20th, twice a week, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. on campus.
Take, and pass, my CPC exam (a.k.a., boards).
- I’m scheduled to take the test on Saturday, March 25th. I have five hours to answer 150 questions. Fortunately, it’s paper-pencil, and multiple-choice. That, I can handle!
- I should know my results about a week to 10 days after the test, since it has to be fed through a Scantron machine at another location.
Be a volunteer for the 2017 District Orchestra Assessment at my alma mater.
- I wasn’t able to do this last year, so I’m excited to help!
- This weekend (Friday and Saturday) is when all the middle school and high school orchestras in the city of Chesapeake descend upon my alma mater, Oscar Smith High School, to perform several pieces and be assessed by a panel of judges.
- I’ll be working the registration table for a few hours on Saturday. I’ll be rocking my Rehearse-A-Thon T-shirt from my orchestra days!
Write at least 1,000 new words for my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor.
- I think I set this goal too high for the last two months, so I decided to scale it back a bit. I think I can handle 1,000 words!
See Kong: Skull Island.
- This is one of those movies that we’ve been excited to see for a long, long time.
- We first saw glimpses of this when we were on our honeymoon in Orlando in November 2015 – There’s a new ride based on the movie opening soon in Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
Positively geek out over Beauty and the Beast.
- I can barely wait until the 17th, you guys. This movie looks so good!
- I’m currently searching for a shirt online that will be worn to the movie.
- I always dreamed of having the Beast’s library!
- Personally, I think Emma Watson, as Belle, is a perfect fit. As well as Luke Evans (Gaston), Kevin Kline (Maurice), and Josh Gad (Le Fou).
See Power Rangers.
- Originally, I was a little skeptical about this one. I didn’t watch a lot of Power Rangers as a kid, but I’m actually excited for this movie. It looks really sleek and modern. Bring it on!
Finally implement my receipt organization system.
- It may be just a series of envelopes, but hopefully it will eliminate a lot of the stress I’ve had! Stacking the receipts for the month, by date, has not been helpful! Fingers crossed.
Visit TCC to review my transcripts, make sure everything is straight, and apply for graduation!
- Oh, boy. Here we go!
- I’m really excited, and a little nervous. I think I only have one class left (Legal Writing), but I want to be absolutely sure!
- If that’s the case, I plan to fill out my application for graduation and make sure everything is in order, all in one fell swoop.
- It’s so close, I can almost taste it.
- My parents are having a big shindig for a family friend this weekend. I’m excited! We’re bringing angel food cake and Cool Whip!
- We want to call Al’s mom this weekend to wish her a Happy Birthday!
Move at least my American Girl dolls from Mom and Dad’s to our house.
- I’m tired of not having all my dolls (I have five total) in one place! It’s definitely happening this month – Hopefully this weekend!
Make progress with emptying / organizing the garage.
- The warmer weather we’ve had recently is giving me the itch to finally empty out and organize our garage.
- I want to put one of our cars in there by the end of the month, hopefully! That’s the ultimate goal.
Do you have any goals for the month of March?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂