This post has been a long time coming – Back in late April, the beautiful Jenna at Bookmark Your Thoughts nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award! I’m so honored to have been nominated for this award for the second time.
Here’s the link to the post where I was nominated:
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best our there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award if also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
Okoto Enigma is the creator of the Mystery Blogger Award! A link to her blog is here.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
About Hot Shot Headlines
I started Hot Shot Headlines several years ago as a way to continue blogging after college. I was assigned to create a blog in my Computer-Mediated Communication class with Dr. Bill Stuart in 2009. I decided to write about movies that my classmates may have never seen before. Several people complimented my writing, so I knew I wanted to blog in my spare time. After several failed blog attempts, I wanted to combine my Mass Media education with writing. The result has been this amazing experience where I’ve been able to connect with so many people around the world! Thanks to everyone who has read my posts, liked them, commented on them, shared them, and appreciated my writing. It means the world to me!
And The Nominees Are …
I’ll admit, I don’t like pressuring anyone to do anything! Participation in these awards is completely voluntarily. However, I love seeing other people’s responses!
Questions from Jenna
One. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- I would love to be invisible – Think Harry Potter’s Invisibility Cloak! That would be amazing!
Two. What are your top three book/book series?
- Harry Potter series
- The Great Gatsby
- Anything American Girl-related, but especially the Historical Fiction
Three. What is your favourite colour and why (i.e., reminds you of something, etc.)?
- I love the color green – It represents many things in my life. I have a green birthstone (peridot, for August), I’ve been a die-hard Green Bay Packers fan for practically my whole life, I love the green grass and trees, and my sorority colors are green and gold (Alpha Sigma Tau).
Four. If you could become part of a book, television or movie fictional world, which one would it be?
- This question is so hard for me, simply because I love so many types of books, television series, and movies! But, if I had to pick just one, I would love to be part of the Harry Potter books / movies. It’s an amazing world!
Five. What are you currently reading? How would you rate it at this moment?
- I just started reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. It’s good, so far!
My Questions to the Nominees
- What’s your favorite song at the moment, and why?
- What / where would be your ideal place to live?
- Do you have a favorite place to go on vacation?
- If you could do one job for your whole life, what would it be, and why?
- What is your dream car?
My Best Posts
- Quarterly Review series
- New Series: Writing Wednesdays
- Getting Personal #6: My Love Story
- Book Review #8: “Tornado Warning: A Memoir of Teen Dating Violence and Its Effect on a Woman’s Life
- Hot Topic #18: What’s Up With Washington?
- Commentary #38: “In Defense of Villianesses”
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂