July felt like one of the longest months to me, but I think that’s because of two weeks of suffering through AC issues (Now gloriously fixed!), and we didn’t have many plans during the weekends. However, the end of the month always seems to sneak up on me!
Here’s the link to my July Goals post:
Here we go!
- Clear the clothing clutter. — Semi-Achieved.
- Start designing my custom American Girl doll cabinet / storage unit. — Semi-Achieved.
- Register for the fall semester. — Did not accomplish.
- See Spider-Man: Homecoming. — Accomplished!
- See Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. — Accomplished!
- Write at least 200 new words for my 2012 NaNoWriMo attempt. — Accomplished!
- Work toward weekly meal planning. — Accomplished!
- Set up a consistent cleaning schedule. — Accomplished!
- Update my resume. — Semi-Achieved.
- Publish a bigger variety of blog posts. — Accomplished!
Here’s the breakdown:
Clear the clothing clutter. — Semi-Achieved.
- I got it a bit more organized and clearly divided.
- I tried everything on, just to be absolutely sure!
- This past week, I just ordered a Donation Bag through thredUP – I love that what I put into this bag, when it arrives, (including Al’s stuff!) will help our local Big Brothers Big Sisters Foundation! There are three local charities that we can choose from, at any time.
Start designing my custom American Girl doll cabinet / storage unit. — Semi-Achieved.
- We took measurements of a standard American Girl doll box.
- Al is starting to work it up on the computer, using Adobe Illustrator.
Register for the fall semester. — Did not accomplish.
- This is happening, just later this week!
- I called the academic advising department two weeks ago – They don’t make appointments, they only take walk-ins (Of course they do).
- I’m prepared to sit on campus all day on Friday until this happens. I’m tired of waiting!
See Spider-Man: Homecoming. — Accomplished!
- We saw this on Thursday, July 6th! It was a later showing, and we were both really tired on Friday at work, but it was COMPLETELY WORTH IT.
- It’s one of the best movies with Spider-Man, in our opinion.
- It’s a movie that I think would make John Hughes proud.
- If you haven’t seen it, we both highly recommend it!
See Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. — Accomplished!
- We saw this last weekend – A Sunday matinee.
- It was good, overall – Not anything spectacular.
- The CGI was stunning and mind-blowing.
- The story – Not so much.
- We’re both a little sad that it flopped at the box office.
Write at least 200 new words for my 2012 NaNoWriMo attempt. — Accomplished!
- Drumroll … I wrote approximately 452 words!
- I feel awesome. I’m hoping to keep this momentum going!
- Current word count: 10,662 words.
Work toward weekly meal planning. — Accomplished!
- We sat down and mapped out the month of July. We basically picked one meal per week, and then I adjusted the recipes I had accordingly.
- One of our favorite recipes now is Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken.
- The first time I made it, I followed the recipe step-by-step. It was really good!
- When I made it again this week (Monday), I grilled the chicken on our George Foreman grill after marinating it for over 24 hours with olive oil, water, salt, and pepper. Instead of spinach, I used a whole head of broccoli. Absolutely delicious! I made enough for us to have ample portions for five nights.
- This week – Taco salad!
Set up a consistent cleaning schedule. — Accomplished!
- I took a pen to our Chick-fil-A calendar in our kitchen, and basically alternated Kitchen, Bathrooms, and Floors on every weekend. I wrote it down for every Saturday, but I give myself all weekend to make sure whatever it is gets done.
- I’ve also noticed that I now feel less stressed because I’ve broken it down in this way!
Update my resume. — Semi-Achieved.
- The main thing I did was write down the highlights of my current job, and the skills that I’ve learned while working for Riverside so far. I just need to condense it down into something that’s resume-worthy.
- I’m not planning on leaving my current job anytime soon, but I know that it’s a good idea to keep my resume updated and refreshed.
- I also need to overhaul my LinkedIn profile.
Publish a bigger variety of blog posts. — Accomplished!
- I felt really great about my posts this month – I counted 21 posts total!
- I was able to put Accomplished next to six out of 10 goals! Yay!
- The three goals that were Semi-Achieved: I’m happy with my progress with these goals.
- The one goal that I did not accomplish: I’m okay with this – I’ll be able to mark it as officially Accomplished at the end of this week!
What about you? Did you have any goals for the month of July?
Come back tomorrow to see my August Goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂