I was tagged by the sweet and beautiful Jenna at Bookmark Your Thoughts!
Here’s the link to the post where I was tagged:
It’s funny – I just realized that this is the second time I’ve been tagged for this one! It looked familiar.
I was previously tagged by B.G. last August:
List Five Things That Make You Happy
- Writing — I love my blog! I’ve also written drafts of three novels, and I have an idea for a fourth. I greatly enjoy supporting other writers and bloggers. I try really hard to write about things that are interesting and exciting!
- Books — I’ve always been a reader. I will always love books. I’m excited to get my giant bookcase from my parents’ house (when the weather isn’t so hot) and fill it up with my collection. Over the years, I’ve enjoyed certain authors (Nicholas Sparks, J.K. Rowling, John Grisham) and certain series and collections (Chicken Soup for the Soul, Dear America, American Girl), but I’m always looking for recommendations!
- American Girl Dolls — This ties in with the books. I fell in love with the American Girl books before the dolls. As a child, I had a Bitty Baby first, and then I received my “American Girl of Today” 18-inch doll that I named Stephanie. She was supposed to look like me, but American Girl didn’t sell a brown-haired, green-eyed look-alike doll when I received Stephanie in 1997, so she’s blonde. I currently have five 18-inch dolls (Stephanie, Molly, Kit, Chrissa, and another look-alike doll that I may sell or make into a custom). Al is helping me design a custom doll cabinet / storage unit, and I’m excited to make this dream happen! I would eventually like to own Maryellen, Nanea, and a true look-alike doll.
- Traveling — I love having a job that gives me substantial PTO. We try to travel as much as we can. Right now, we’re planning to go to New York City next summer, for my milestone birthday!
- Podcasts — As I wrote in my Getting Personal post about podcasts last year, I love being able to listen to a variety of topics during my commute, or when I’m traveling solo. Like books, if you have any podcast recommendations, feel free to send them my way!
List Five Songs That Make You Happy
- “Mine” by Taylor Swift
- “Who I Am With You” by Chris Young
- “Haven’t Met You Yet” by Michael Buble
- “Don’t Stop Believin'” by Journey
- “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
All five of these songs remind me of Al, in some way 🙂
I sang “Mine” to him at our rehearsal dinner. My amazing bridal party helped me make posters that spelled out “You are the best thing that’s ever been mine.” They, along with the groomsmen, stood behind me and held them up as I sang to him. I was so nervous! I practiced every chance I could in the car for months. Overall, I think he was embarrassed, but it went over well and I enjoyed doing it for him.
We danced our first dance to “Who I Am With You” at our reception. I knew I wanted to use that song in some capacity starting in 2013, when I first heard it on the radio on the way back to my apartment late one night.
I still get chills when I hear “Haven’t Met You Yet” because that’s one of the songs that reminds me of the very beginning of our relationship. Plus, all these music videos make me feel warm and fuzzy.
We played the other two at our wedding reception. I just love “Uptown Funk” in general and I knew I wanted it played at our reception. Everybody danced! Then, “Don’t Stop Believin'” was the last song of the afternoon. Everyone surrounded us in a big circle, and we danced and sang our hearts out. The photo on my phone is a perfect shot of us singing and dancing during that song, and it makes me smile every time I see it.
I won’t tag anyone in particular, but you feel led to do this tag, please do so! I love seeing other people’s responses. Plus, I love spreading happiness!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂