As of right now, I’m 28 years old. As I’ve said several times before, I’m incredibly grateful to have been on this Earth for these 28 years!
It’s hard to believe that my birthday comes around again just a few weeks from now. The last year of my 20s! It always seems to sneak up on me now. When I was a kid, though, it was a different story. I was always slightly jealous of the kids who had their birthdays during the school year – Their parents would bring in treats for the whole class, and so on. It felt like it took forever for August to arrive!
But, in a way, I’m also lucky. My birthday is during the summer, so I never had to go to school on my actual birthday! I did go to work a handful of times on my birthday, but now I’ve started to deliberately take the day off, if it falls on a weekday. I’ve really enjoyed it, and it’s like a mental health day where I can do whatever I want!
Here’s 28 things that I’m grateful for:
- Living on this Earth for so long!
- My amazing parents.
- My wonderful husband!
- Our families that love each other and enjoy each other’s company.
- A house that is livable and in a great neighborhood.
- A fridge/freezer full of food.
- Having good jobs that allow us to have our house, food, and spending money.
- A closet full of clothes.
- Excellent education!
- A reliable car that is able to make the 60-mile commute five days a week.
- Being able to travel frequently.
- A wonderful, stable church home that’s lasted for 25 years.
- My overall good health.
- The ability to see doctors when needed.
- Enjoying several passions – Reading, writing, American Girl dolls, movies, photography.
- Connecting and re-connecting with friends and family.
- Being able to go to a gym near the house to work out and strengthen my body and mind.
- Affordable Internet access.
- Easy access to a library system, where I can check out as many books as I want, at any time.
- Being able to control my anxiety.
- Being able to listen.
- The power of prayer.
- Connecting with so many amazing bloggers, all around the world!
- Being loved and appreciated!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂