Here’s the link to my August Goals:
Here we go!
- Register for the fall semester. — Accomplished!
- Donate blood. — Accomplished!
- Clear out the clothing clutter, once and for all. — Semi-Achieved.
- Celebrate my birthday! — Accomplished!
- See The Dark Tower. — Accomplished!
- Write at least 300 new words for my 2012 NaNoWriMo attempt. — Did not accomplish.
- Move my bookcase from my parents’ house to ours. — Did not accomplish.
- Update my resume and LinkedIn profile. — Semi-Achieved.
- Make a series of home improvement blog posts. — Did not accomplish.
- Make the Succulent Sphere craft for Savy. — Semi-Achieved.
Here’s the breakdown:
Register for the fall semester. — Accomplished!
- FINALLY! I triumphed over the course of four hours on Friday, August 4th. I met with an awesome academic adviser, who removed the English prerequisite, and I registered for Legal Writing.
- I started the class last week, and I’m loving it so far. Our professor is super laid-back, but also knowledgeable. She works in one of the Legal Departments for Dollar Tree!
Donate blood. — Accomplished!
- Yay! Spencer, my favorite phlebotomist, was there during the drive on Saturday, August 5th. I dropped a pint, and later learned that it went to the main hospital in Harrisonburg, Virginia. The Red Cross sends an email to all successful donors and tells them where their donation went!
- The next drive is Saturday, October 7th!
Clear out the clothing clutter, once and for all. — Semi-Achieved.
- I got my Donation Bag from thredUP, and filled it to bursting. But I haven’t had a chance to send it in. I feel awesome. This weekend!
Celebrate my birthday! — Accomplished!
- My mom bought an awesome birthday cake to share at the blood drive!
- My parents took Al and I out to Spaghetti Eddie’s on Sunday night – Delicious!
- Mom and Dad found “the gift that I have always wanted” – See the photo below!
- I took my birthday off from work, and had a shopping spree at MacArthur Mall, and Best Thrift. I also went out to lunch at Uno’s with Al, and his co-workers Kathryn and Frances. They gave me Prosecco, an awesome phone stand, and a journal!
- Al and I went out on Monday night to Ninja Sushi, and then Sweet Frog for dessert!
- It was an absolutely wonderful birthday, and weekend. Here’s to 29!
See The Dark Tower. — Accomplished!
- We saw this on Saturday, August 5th!
- Even though I haven’t read any of the books, I really liked the movie.
- I’m hoping for more!
Write at least 300 new words for my 2012 NaNoWriMo attempt. — Did not accomplish.
- This just didn’t happen. I’m putting it on the list for September!
Move my bookcase from my parents’ house to ours. — Did not accomplish.
- Ugh. I wanted this to happen! Every weekend was either busy, or my parents were out of town!
Update my resume and LinkedIn profile. — Semi-Achieved.
- I successfully revamped my LinkedIn profile – Yay!
- Still working on the resume. Piece by piece.
Make a series of home improvement blog posts. — Did not accomplish.
- Making this happen in September!
Make the Succulent Sphere craft for Savy. — Semi-Achieved.
- I have all the things to make it. But, I’m trying to time it correctly so I can give it to her closer to the bachelorette extravaganza!
- I was able to put Accomplished next to four out of 10 goals! Woohoo!
- The three goals that were Semi-Achieved: I’m happy with my progress with these goals. More to do next month!
- The three goals that I did not accomplish: Timing is everything. Making time for things is so important!
What about you? Did you have any goals for the month of August?
Come back tomorrow to see my September Goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂