We have arrived at the peak of summer. It’s my birthday month! But, I’m also excited because we’re in the home stretch, headed toward fall. Yay!
Here are my goals for the month of August:
- Register for the fall semester.
- Donate blood.
- Clear out the clothing clutter, once and for all.
- Celebrate my birthday!
- See The Dark Tower.
- Write at least 300 new words for my 2012 NaNoWriMo attempt.
- Move my bookcase from my parents’ house to ours.
- Update my resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Make a series of home improvement blog posts.
- Make the Succulent Sphere craft for Savy.
Here’s the breakdown:
Register for the fall semester.
- This is happening on Friday! I’m absolutely determined to make this happen!
- Blood drive #101 is on Saturday!
Clear out the clothing clutter, once and for all.
- My thredUP donation bag is scheduled to arrive this week!
- I’m so excited to finally clean out! Our closets need it!
Celebrate my birthday!
- I’m excited to take the day off from work and thoroughly enjoy it.
- I’m making my regular pilgrimage to LUSH Handmade Cosmetics and Barnes & Noble, plus meeting Al and his co-workers for lunch!
- My parents are taking us out to eat sometime this coming weekend – Spaghetti Eddie’s!
- Al’s parents are supposed to stay with us during the second weekend of August, so hopefully we can get our parents together then, too.
See The Dark Tower.
- Al is more excited for this movie than I am (Stephen King’s epic book series), but I’m intrigued!
- Plus, who can resist Idris Elba?
Write at least 300 new words for my 2012 NaNoWriMo attempt.
- I felt so good at the end of July – I just want to keep going!
- Making time for it makes such a big difference.
Move my bookcase from my parents’ house to ours.
- This will be a significant step in making my office complete!
Update my resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Piggybacking off of last month, this is something that I desperately need to do. Five years is way too long!
Make a series of home improvement blog posts.
- This is long overdue, so be prepared for lots of Before & After photos!
Make the Succulent Sphere craft for Savy.
- Link coming soon!
- Savy saw this video when I shared it on Facebook and tagged her, and I’ve offered to make it for her!
Do you have any goals for the month of August?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂