Ann posts some of the most interesting book tags! Here’s another!
Here’s the link to the original post:
- Randomly choose 3 books — I liked Ann’s idea of writing them down and placing them in a cup to randomly draw, so I totally did that. Great idea, Ann!
- For each group, decide which book to burn, which one to rewrite, and which to re-read.
- Repeat until you complete three rounds. (You can do more than three!)
- Burn: Jake Riley: Irreparably Damaged. I read this book several times in middle school and high school, but I don’t think I’ll read it again. Jake’s character gave me the creeps!
- Rewrite: The Runaway: A Maryellen Mystery. This was a tough choice. It’s a really good book, but I think I would be a tad more sensitive, given its target audience. Seeing animals in distress is never good, or fun!
- Re-Read: The Great Gatsby. This is one of my all-time favorite books. I re-read it every year.
- Burn: Ender’s Game. Given the choices, I would reluctantly burn this one. This is one of the few science fiction books that I actually liked!
- Rewrite: Fire From The Rock. This was a good book (I’m currently researching Sharon M. Draper for an upcoming “Awesome Authors” post), so I wouldn’t change much of the story. Maybe make it a little shorter, but that’s it. I really liked the characters and the structure.
- Re-Read: To Kill A Mockingbird. Like The Great Gatsby, this is another book that I re-read every year.
- Burn: Paper Towns. Again, this is a reluctant burn. I have enjoyed all of John Green’s books thus far.
- Rewrite: The Notebook. This was a hard choice. I would make a few edits, but this is one of my all-time favorite books from Nicholas Sparks.
- Re-Read: Story of a Girl. I read and analyzed this book for my Young Adult Literature class back in 2011, so I would love to read it again.
- Burn: This Is Where It Ends. I would actually be okay with burning this one. I understood the author’s intent, but books about school shootings will always been unsettling to me.
- Rewrite: Divergent. Out of the entire trilogy, I wouldn’t make a ton of changes. I would be okay with extending Divergent a little longer, and ending with Insurgent. No need for Allegiant!
- Re-Read: The Pelican Brief. This is one of my favorite John Grisham books. I don’t re-read it every year, but it’s one that will always be on my bookshelf.
Have you read any of these books?
Would you change any of them?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂