February seemed like a really long month, for once. It was mostly good, but a bit wild and crazy. The recent spring-like temperatures have me very excited that it’s almost March!
Here’s the link to my February Goals post:
Here we go!
- Host my first P.E.O. meeting. — Accomplished!
- Get back to a regular cleaning schedule. — Semi-Achieved.
- Work at least one hour on my Lady Lounge every weekend. — Did not accomplish.
- Donate blood. — Accomplished!
- Use my diffuser more often. — Accomplished!
- Send another box of clothes to Darby’s Dresses. — Semi-Achieved.
- See Black Panther. — Accomplished!
- Wear my contact lenses every day this month. — Accomplished!
- Write in my journal at least once a week. — Did not accomplish.
- Read at least two books. — Accomplished!
- Explore options for essential oil storage. — Accomplished!
Here’s the breakdown:
Host my first P.E.O. meeting. — Accomplished!
- Hosting my first P.E.O. meeting went as smoothly as it could have. We did have some excitement the night before (of course, Murphy’s Law!) when Al discovered a stream of water coming out of the crown molding in our dining room! After some “exploratory surgery” between Al and my dad late Friday night, we discovered the drain pipe from our bathtub was definitely leaking – An old cast iron pipe, probably original to the house (50+ years old). Luckily, my dad was able to drain the rest of the water and stop the leak!
- The meeting went along as scheduled on Saturday morning. Thirteen lovely women shared coffee, refreshments, and good company. It felt good to open up our house to visitors other than our immediate families!
Get back to a regular cleaning schedule. — Semi-Achieved.
- I did more spot cleaning this month, like wiping down certain areas while in the kitchen, laundry room, etc.
- We bought an AWESOME Shark DuoClean vacuum cleaner to keep in our downstairs closet. It was a hefty price tag (Over $300), but seriously, this vacuum cleaner is worth it! It works on all surfaces – Wood floors, tile, and carpet. I’m actually excited about vacuuming now!
- Al and I worked together this past week to do a massive deep clean – Stuff we hadn’t touched in months. We got all the dust and junk out of our bedroom – Under our bed, and I used the Swiffer dry and wet cloths on the bathroom floor while the rug was in the wash. As long as we mark dusting more often on the calendar, it will be more manageable and less time-consuming.
Work at least one hour on my Lady Lounge every weekend. — Did not accomplish.
- This schedule didn’t work this month. I moved a few things around, but wasn’t able to invest the time that I wanted to.
Donate blood. — Accomplished!
- My iron was high enough, on the first stick!
- I’m now one pint away from six gallons (48 pints) donated!
Use my diffuser more often. — Accomplished!
- I diffused the sample “Gratitude” blend that April made for me, and “Raven” twice. The house smelled amazing!
Send another box of clothes to Darby’s Dresses. — Semi-Achieved.
- I have the box filled to the brim – I just need to mail it!
- Also, Darby recently created a new Facebook group, solely dedicated to her boutique items that she sells – Check it out! It’s called Darby’s Dresses Boutique.
See Black Panther. — Accomplished!
- We saw the movie with our friends Mike and Shana on Sunday, February 18th. It was a really good movie – I think it’s one of the best that Disney/Marvel have produced.
- Getting excited for Avengers: Infinity War to be released on May 4th!
Wear my contact lenses every day this month. — Accomplished!
- This was a super easy goal, and I’m glad that I overcame my laziness!
- I even started wearing makeup nearly every day, too!
Write in my journal at least once a week. — Did not accomplish.
- This literally got buried!
Read at least two books. — Accomplished!
- I made it, just under the wire, but I did it!
- Here are the links to my recent Book Reviews:
Explore options for essential oil storage. — Accomplished!
- Thanks to Ariel at Writing Radiation, she led me to Amazon to find this beauty of an essential oil storage solution: Essential Oil Wooden Box.
- I love it! I had forgotten how many oil bottles that I needed to store. But, I still have room to spare. This things holds 68 bottles!
- I was able to put Accomplished next to seven out of 11 goals: I’ll take it!
- The two goals that were Semi-Achieved: Just a few more steps, and I can mark them as complete. It feels good!.
- The two goals that I did not accomplish: I simply didn’t have the time, or make the time this month.
What about you? Did you have any goals for the month of February?
Come back tomorrow to see my March Goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂