Happy New Year!!
Here are my goals for the month of January:
- Help Al maintain our new and improved budget spreadsheet.
- Check out savings and investing apps.
- Clear the clutter in my Lady Lounge.
- Donate, donate, donate.
- Continue work on my 2013 WIP.
- Reset our cleaning schedule.
- Get back on track with The ABC Book Challenge posts.
Here’s the breakdown:
Help Al maintain our new and improved budget spreadsheet.
- We decided to start a Google Doc that has all of our budget items for 2019. Hopefully, this will be much more manageable and less frustrating!
Check out savings and investing apps.
- Since I listen to a lot of podcasts, there are always advertisements. I’ve heard about Robin Hood, an investing app. I don’t know if I’ll commit to it, but I want to check it out.
- One app that our sister-in-law loves and swears by is ibotta.
Clear the clutter in my Lady Lounge.
- I started recently – I spent nearly two hours in there last Saturday afternoon. I filled four donation boxes, finally organized my bookshelf, replaced the light bulbs in the ceiling fan fixture, filled a trash bag completely, and cut up at least 10 various-sized boxes for recycling.
- Next weekend – I want to concentrate on the filing system.
Donate, donate, donate.
- I’m long overdue to make a few trips to the thrift store and the library.
Continue work on my 2013 WIP.
- Current word count: 14,247 words.
- My rough goal is to reach at least 17,000 words before the end of January.
Reset our cleaning schedule.
- I started using our wall calendar to mark what area of the house needed cleaning every weekend. This was a good system for us, since we typically divide and conquer the cleaning together. Just need to get back to it.
Get back on track with The ABC Book Challenge posts.
- My original plan was to post these every Monday, but it’s fallen by the wayside recently. However, I’m committed to posting one every Monday in January!
Do you have any goals for the month of January?
If so, I’d love to hear about them!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂