Hello, spring! And it’s amazing how quickly a month can pass!
Here’s the link to my March Goals post:
Here we go!
- Volunteer with District Orchestra Festival. — Accomplished!
- Complete the Romantic Movies daily blog challenge. — Accomplished!
- See Captain Marvel. — Accomplished!
- See Alita: Battle Angel. — Accomplished!
- Write at least 500 words toward the ending of my 2012 WIP. — Accomplished!
- Change the POV of my 2013 WIP. — Semi-Achieved.
- Finalize my plans for Camp NaNoWriMo, April 2019. — Accomplished!
- Participate in Didi’s WIP Challenge for March. — Accomplished!
- Order my new glasses. — Did not accomplish.
- Read at least two books. — Semi-Achieved.
I had so much fun at the District Orchestra Festival on Saturday, March 2nd. It was great to help out several schools, listen to great performances, and catch up with my orchestra teacher, Ms. Kringel!
We saw Alita: Battle Angel with Nick and Mia in Virginia Beach, I think it was the first weekend of March. It was a decent movie. I really enjoyed Rosa Salazar’s performance.
Al and I went to see Captain Marvel the weekend it opened. I LOVED IT! Brie Larson is awesome, and there were so many 1990s nostalgia moments! Is it my favorite movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)? No. But, it was such a fun ride!
I can’t wait to start Camp NaNoWriMo 2019 tomorrow! Look for a blog post about that soon!
I love Didi’s WIP challenges. Here’s my link to my entry to March’s challenge.
I simply didn’t have the money on hand for my new glasses this month. I’m thankful I have an abundance of contact lenses and good spare glasses. Hopefully I’ll be able to buy them in April.
I finished one book toward the end of March, and started reading the second last week. I’m about 25 pages into it now. My Book Review will be published soon!
I’m thrilled to announce that not only did I surpass my writing goal of 500 words, I finally FINISHED THE FIRST DRAFT!! I proclaimed my elation on Facebook last night. It’s hard to believe this all started with a crazy idea in the fall of 2012. That led to my first-ever NaNoWriMo, participating in Camp NaNoWriMo for the first time last year, and here we are, about 6 1/2 years later!
- Previous word count: 50,461
- Final word count, first draft: 51,960
- Words written in March: 1,499
Did you have any goals for the month of March?
Come back tomorrow to see my April Goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂