June felt like a bit of a marathon. Oh well. It was a good month!
Here’s the link to my June Goals post:
Here we go!
- See Dark Phoenix. — Accomplished!
- Test out the “natural” weed killer recipe. — Accomplished!
- Plant mosquito-repelling plants in our front flower beds. — Did not accomplish.
- Work on tidying up both garages with Al. — Accomplished!
- Catch up on maintenance / gas logs for both cars. — Did not accomplish.
- Do another round of closet clean-out. — Did not accomplish.
- Decide what to work on for Camp NaNoWriMo July 2019. — Accomplished!
- Catch up on tags and participation blog posts. — Accomplished!
- Spend more time reading. — Did not accomplish.
- Spend more time with my journal. — Semi-Achieved.
- Find at least one new recipe to make. — Accomplished!
Al and I went to see Dark Phoenix the weekend it opened. It was pretty decent, but we both have similar opinions about the X-Men movie franchise. The cast was great!
The “natural” weed killer recipe is three ingredients: Vinegar, Epsom salt, and blue Dawn dishwashing detergent. It worked pretty well. We definitely have some stubborn weeds, though, so it may take multiple applications!
We made HUGE progress with both garages this month! I’m so excited. Al single-handedly worked on the detached garage, and we were able to park his Mustang in it last weekend! Happy dance. We took several hours yesterday to tackle the attached garage together, and it looks like a different space already. We still have some work to do, but we filled up my car with thrift store donations, and we have so much less stuff to deal with going forward. We’re hoping, by some time in July, to park one of the other cars in it!
I can’t believe it’s already time for Camp NaNoWriMo, July 2019! I really enjoy the structure of it, and I look forward to meeting everyone in my “cabin.”
I’m working diligently to write in my journal every day. I’m taking a page from my Gratitude Challenge blog posts and trying to capture my gratitude list daily.
The recipe I chose knocked it out of the park! I was looking for something different to make in our Crock-Pot, and I stumbled upon Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas. It’s only four ingredients, and it’s simply set it and forget it!
Did you have any goals for the month of June? Let me know!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂