Here’s the link to my October Goals post:
- Continue my fun Writing Prompt series, publishing one every Friday in October. — Accomplished!
- Celebrate multiple birthdays! — Accomplished!
- Volunteer at the blood drive. — Accomplished!
- Publish all outstanding Tag posts where I’ve been tagged. — Did not accomplish.
- Participate in decorating duffel bags for local children in foster care. — Accomplished!
- Celebrate my church’s 50th Anniversary. — Accomplished!
- Make at least one thrift store run. — Did not accomplish.
- Prep for NaNoWriMo 2019. — Accomplished!
- Celebrate the 35th Anniversary of Ghostbusters. — Accomplished!
- Send cards to several friends. — Did not accomplish.
- Research area rugs for the living room. — Did not accomplish.
- Try some new recipes. — Accomplished!
- Test-bake the cookies for the upcoming Cookie Exchange with my P.E.O. chapter. — Did not accomplish.
- Read every night before bed. — Semi-Achieved.
- Enjoy Halloween! — Accomplished!
October was a jam-packed month! I was able to volunteer at the blood drive, and I was also able to give a pint! Turns out that my Power Red donation in August was only counted as one unit because of some complications I experienced. So, I was eligible to donate in October, rather than having to wait until December to give again. I learned this week that my pint of blood went to the University of Virginia (UVA) Medical Center in Charlottesville.
I’m very excited to kick off NaNoWriMo 2019! I’m writing something new, and it’s something out of my comfort zone. Stay tuned!
We celebrated my mom’s birthday during the first weekend of October. Then, Nick and Savy’s anniversary and Mia’s birthday in the middle of the month! We also went to a fun Spooky Brunch during the weekend of the 12th, where we ate amazing food, watched The Nightmare Before Christmas and Beetlejuice, and enjoyed each other’s company.
The church’s 50th Anniversary was incredible. More than two years of work by many people came together in a wonderful weekend. The combined service on Sunday was packed – It was easily 500 people. We had several former pastors attend. All the musical groups performed together – Children’s choir, chancel choir, handbell choir. The catered lunch afterwards was delicious as well.
The significant new recipe I tried was Greek Chicken Bowls. Delicious! And it fed us for lunch for a week!
Did you have any goals for the month of October?
Come back tomorrow to see my November Goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂