I’m honored and humbled to have been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award for the third time. I was nominated by Jenna at Bookmark Your Thoughts. Thanks, Jenna!
Here’s the link to the post where I was nominated:
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
- Thank the person/persons that nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you.
- Nominate 11 other people, and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the award.
Questions from Jenna
One. What’s your favourite book from your childhood?
- I read and re-read the American Girl “Central Series,” or the six books that were about the original Historical Characters, throughout my childhood. I had many of the books in my own library, and I checked out the others from the library. Kirsten, Samantha, and Molly were the original three girls when the company first started in 1986. Felicity was added in 1991, Addy debuted in 1993, and Josefina was introduced in 1997. Note – I shamelessly read them as an adult, too. I’m currently rebuilding my childhood collection!
Two. From the best of your knowledge, what is your favourite childhood memory?
- I have so many! I think my favorite is playing with the kids in the cul-de-sacs of Leeward Drive and Leeward Court (where my parents still live), and hopping the fence in my backyard to access the city park. We had many neighborhood “Breakfast in the Park” get-togethers for years,
Three. What was your favourite subject in school? Why?
- I’ve always loved English class more than anything else. I love to read, and I became a fairly good writer in elementary school. I think my love of reading and writing led to my decision to study journalism / Mass Media in college.
Four. If reincarnation is real, what would you like to come back as?
- I’d love to be a guinea pig or a hedgehog. I had several guinea pigs growing up, and we took care of several for friends after ours passed away. My 6th grade Civics teacher had a classroom hedgehog named Curious, and I’ve wanted one of my own ever since.
Five. Name one reason why you would want to teleport to the future? What do you think it will behold?
- I would love see if self-driving cars actually come to fruition, among other things. I would love to see revolutions in healthcare, cures for diseases (Cancer, Alzheimer’s, ALS, etc.), and agreement on tax reform!
Six. Who is your favourite hero/heroine in YA literature?
- I loved Tally Youngblood in Uglies. Thinking about it, I need to read the rest of the series (Three more books). But, when I read it for my YA Literature class in the spring of 2011, I thought the book was revolutionary.
Seven. You’ve won a million dollars; what’s the very first thing you do with the money?
Eight. It’s movie watching time; what’s your favourite movie genre that you’re most likely going to watch? Do you have a favourite movie?
- Forrest Gump has always been my favorite movie! If I’m not watching that movie, anything with Tom Hanks is a good choice.
Nine. You can instantly travel to anywhere in the world; where are you travelling to? Why?
- I’m headed to Hawaii. I’ve always wanted to visit! There are so many things to do there. My parents have been several times – They climbed Diamond Head in 2009!
Ten. You find a genie (with no restrictions) and are the lucky one to have three of your wishes granted; what are they?
- Have all of my novel attempts officially published and available to everyone.
- Have a library like Belle’s in Beauty and the Beast be built in my house / on my property.
- Pay off our mortgage, plus have about $20,000 available for several home improvements (New HVAC system, new windows, etc.)
Eleven. What book series or standalone novel would you recommend/do recommend to anyone? Why?
- If you haven’t read it, I highly recommend The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It’s one book that I re-read every single year, and it’s made a big impact on my life since reading it in high school.
Questions for the Nominees
- Do you have a favorite sports team?
- What movie are you most excited about for 2018?
- If money was no object, what would be your dream job?
- If you could do your school experience over again, would you have changed your field of study? If so, what would you pick?
- What is your favorite breed of dog?
- Do you have a dream pet(s)?
- If you could embark on a week-long trip in the United States, where would you go?
- What’s your favorite breakfast food(s)?
- If you could meet any author, who would you choose, and why?
- Is there a particular time period that you would want to live in?
- Do you have a favorite vacation or trip from your childhood?
And The Nominees Are …
- Dutch Lion
- “An Tony’M”
- Noveau Bohemian
- The Diary of a Muslim Girl
- Thriller/Suspense Film and Writing Festival
- Around the Library in 80 Days
- Bookends and Endings
Please note: Your participation is completely voluntary!!
Thanks for reading! I’m so honored to receive this award.
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂