March flew by so fast, it almost made my head spin!
Here’s the link to my March Goals post:
Here we go!
- Complete my Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Exam Prep class. – Semi-Achieved.
- Take, and pass, my CPC exam (a.k.a., boards). – Did not accomplish.
- Be a volunteer for the 2017 District Orchestra Assessment at my alma mater. – Accomplished!
- Write at least 1,000 new words for my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor. – Semi-Achieved.
- See Kong: Skull Island. – Accomplished!
- Positively geek out over Beauty and the Beast. – Accomplished!
- See Power Rangers. – Accomplished!
- Finally implement my receipt organization system. – Semi-Achieved.
- Visit TCC to review my transcripts, make sure everything is straight, and apply for graduation! – Semi-Achieved.
- Celebrate birthdays! – Accomplished!
- Move at least my American Girl dolls from Mom and Dad’s to our house. – Did not accomplish.
- Make progress with emptying / organizing the garage. – Did not accomplish.
Here’s the breakdown:
Complete my Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Exam Prep class. – Semi-Achieved.
- I’ve learned a lot in this class! It’s been a really good experience.
- Due to some class members not signing up for their required membership in a timely manner, the test had to be rescheduled from March 25th to April 8th (Argh!).
- The good news – The class was extended for two more weeks, so I have class sessions through the first week in April.
Take, and pass, my CPC exam (a.k.a., boards). – Did not accomplish.
- I only put this because the test hasn’t happened yet!
- Say a prayer, send good vibes, wish luck for me on April 8th!
Be a volunteer for the 2017 District Orchestra Assessment at my alma mater. – Accomplished!
- I had so much fun on this Saturday – I want to volunteer again next year!
- I absolutely crushed my FitBit goal that day – I logged 11,000 steps!
- It was great seeing some familiar faces – Students, teachers, and some parents, too.
Write at least 1,000 new words for my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor. – Semi-Achieved.
- I wrote approximately 100 new words!
- I feel great with those 100 words. I’m planning to set similar goals from here on out. It’s a good motivator!
See Kong: Skull Island. – Accomplished!
- We went out with our friends Mike, Shana, and Austin. Austin was home from college on spring break, so it was great to see him.
- It was a really good movie – It’s a true adventure / survivalist film!
- There were a few moments where I had to close my eyes, but mainly because I’m a visual person and didn’t want to have nightmares!
Positively geek out over Beauty and the Beast. – Accomplished!
- I proudly wore my “Beauty is found within” shirt!
- We went to see it with Kathryn, Christine, and John at Paragon in Newport News.
- I thought it was going to be a shot-for-shot remake of the 1991 animated film, but I was pleasantly surprised with what they did.
- Emma Watson was an awesome Belle, but the cast as a whole was great!
- We’re seeing it again this weekend at the Commodore Theatre to celebrate Michaela Leigh’s birthday!
See Power Rangers. – Accomplished!
- Al and I saw this last weekend, just the two of us.
- It’s a nostalgia trip, updated for 2017!
- If you have memories of the TV show, I recommend seeing it. It’s a fun ride!
Finally implement my receipt organization system. – Semi-Achieved.
- I labeled all my envelopes. I need to get a bulletin board now.
- Stack of receipts – Vanish!
Visit TCC to review my transcripts, make sure everything is straight, and apply for graduation! – Semi-Achieved.
- I took a Friday off of work to go out to the Virginia Beach campus. I knew it was spring break, but the college was scheduled to be open.
- I got to the Student Center right after 9:00 a.m., and there was only one person working on the Academic Advising floor. That wasn’t a good sign.
- I asked, and she said that all the Academic Advisers were in training! Noooooo. Major bummer!
- Small consolation – I discovered, after I left, that I didn’t have my transcripts folder. So, I’m getting better organized now and planning a return trip for a Thursday or Friday in April! And, I’m definitely calling ahead to make an appointment!
- The day was not lost – I went shopping at the local Goodwill, met Al and two of his coworkers for a delicious Mongolian BBQ lunch, and enjoyed return trips to Barnes & Noble and LUSH at MacArthur Mall!
Celebrate birthdays! – Accomplished!
- Al’s mom had a good birthday – She’s almost fully recovered from her knee surgery. We’re hoping to go see them in either April or May.
- The birthday shindig at my parents’ house on the first Friday was fun, although I didn’t feel well through most of it. We were there until 10:30 p.m.!
Move at least my American Girl dolls from Mom and Dad’s to our house. – Did not accomplish.
- Every weekend was basically booked solid!
- I’m going to take a few days off work in April, so I’m hoping this will happen on a weekday soon.
Make progress with emptying / organizing the garage. – Did not accomplish.
- We did everything else with the house this month – Moved some furniture, cleaned out some clutter, did a deep clean, and a few more odds and ends.
- The garage is on our list for April – Starting this weekend. Al’s tired of it, too.
- I was able to put Accomplished next to five out of 12 goals. Woohoo!
- The four goals that were Semi-Achieved: I’m happy with them. A few were completely out of my control, but I’m happy that I made progress!
- The three goals that I didn’t accomplish: This was far better than a month ago! Wow. I’m very pleased with myself!
Did you have any goals for March?
Come back tomorrow to see my goals for April!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂