I recently discovered Rose of The Bright Bookcase, and I’m loving her blog!
Here’s the link to her post:
- You must thank the person who nominated you
- Link back to the original post (the one on this blog) and use the graphic provided.
- Answer the questions given.
- Nominate at least 3 people. (or more if your feeling like a nice person 😉 )
- Give the nominees 10 questions to answer (or use the ones previously given)
- HAVE FUN! 😀
What is your favorite Christmas dessert?
Our traditional chocolate mousse!
Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
When I was younger, I was allowed to open one gift on Christmas Eve, after we came home from church.
How do you decorate your house for Christmas?
Al and I set up our Christmas tree in our living room, with our pretty tree skirt and tons of ornaments. That’s pretty much it for us – No outside lights.
Have you ever built a snowman?
Absolutely! We typically don’t get a lot of snow here in southeastern Virginia, but when we have, it’s been a blast!
Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Ours is fake, and pre-lit. My parents agreed to try a real tree a couple of times, but we quickly realized how hard it was to keep it watered and upright. The needle shedding was ridiculous, too. It smelled pretty, but that was about the only nice thing. My parents have a beautiful artificial tree that still looks great after more than 30 years!
What do you like to do on Christmas break?
Since I’m a working adult, I don’t have an official Christmas break anymore. However, with time off, we are planning to go to Al’s parents’ farm this year, which I love. As a kid, most of my Christmases were spent in Florida, since both sets of grandparents lived there. It was so much fun!
What is your favorite Christmas movie?
The Polar Express (2004). I grew up with the book, audio cassette, and the bell. When the movie was released, we went as a family and loved it. One of our family gifts was the DVD and soundtrack. Josh Groban’s “Believe” is one of my all-time favorite songs.
Where do you normally spend Christmas?
Since we married, we usually spend Christmas with one set of family. My parents are local, about 10 miles from our house. Al’s brother, our sister-in-law, and our niece live in Virginia Beach. His parents have a beautiful farm in Scottsburg, Virginia, about three hours due west of us.
What is your favorite Christmas song?
It’s so hard to pick just one! It’s cheesy, but I love “All I Want For Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey (1994). I always sing along and dance to it!
Be honest: Do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts?
I love giving gifts. I have so much fun picking out things for my husband, family, and friends! Plus, this year I’m being a “Secret Santa” for three teenagers, and I’ve had such a blast shopping for them.
The Questions to My Nominees
- How do you celebrate Christmas?
- Do you have a favorite Christmas carol or hymn?
- Do you like snow?
- What is your favorite contemporary Christmas song?
- What does your Christmas dinner table look like?
- What is your favorite Christmas memory?
- If you could take a paid two-week break for Christmas this year, what would you do, and why?
- Do you have a favorite Christmas book / piece of literature?
- Is there a Christmas movie that you don’t like?
- Do you have a favorite Christmas special?
Tag! You’re It!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂